Minutes approved at SMAPA General Meeting on Monday, November 11, 2019
General Meeting Thursday, May 10, 2018, 7:00 – 8:00 PM
For the address, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All SMAPA members are welcome to attend.
All parents or legal guardians of students enrolled in any of the six SMAPA Participating Programs – Samohi Band, Dance, Orchestra, Theatre, Visual Arts, and Vocal Music – are voting members of SMAPA. The directors (teachers) of all Participating Programs are non-voting members of SMAPA.
1) Welcome – Mia von Sadovszky, SMAPA President
2) Approval of Minutes from November 14, 2017 meeting.
3) Report on SMAPA finances – Alisa Stewart, SMAPA Treasurer
4) Introduction of proposed SMAPA Directors for school year 2018-19
– Each Participating Program designates a current parent to serve as their representative on the Board of Directors.
– Each Director serves for a two-year term and may be designated to serve no more than two consecutive terms.
5) Ratification of 2018-19 Board of Directors
6) Discussion of duties of Treasurer
7) Appointment of Treasurer of SMAPA for 2018-19
– In accordance with our bylaws, the Officers of SMAPA (President and Treasurer) are appointed by the Board of Directors, and serve as members of the Board of Directors.
– Candidates (any SMAPA member) may self-nominate.
– A ratified Director may serve concurrent terms as Director and Treasurer.