The Santa Monica Arts Parents Association (SMAPA) will hold a General Meeting
Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Joslyn Park Auditorium
633 Kensington Rd, Santa Monica, CA 90405
The park is up on a hill. There is ample free street parking surrounding the park, as well as a small parking lot along the east side of the grounds.
All SMAPA members are welcome to attend.
All parents or legal guardians of students enrolled in any of the six SMAPA Participating Programs – Samohi Band, Dance, Orchestra, Theatre, Visual Arts, and Vocal Music – are voting members of SMAPA. The directors (teachers) of all Participating Programs are non-voting members of SMAPA.
1) Welcome (Alisa Stewart, SMAPA Treasurer – term expires June, 2018)
2) Self-introduction of SMAPA Directors (returning and newly designated Directors for 2017-18)
– Each Participating Program designates a current parent to serve as their representative on the Board of Directors.
– Each Director serves for a two-year term and may be designated to serve no more than two consecutive terms.
3) Ratification of Directors (those in the first year of their two-year terms)
– A vote of the majority of members present is sufficient to ratify Directors.
4) Brief Report on combined SMAPA Profit & Loss Statement, July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 (Alisa Stewart)
5) Discussion of duties of President of SMAPA
6) Appointment of President of SMAPA for 2017-18
– In accordance with our bylaws, the Officers of SMAPA (President and Treasurer) are appointed by the Board of Directors.
– Candidates (any SMAPA member) may self-nominate.
– A ratified Director may serve concurrent terms as Director and President.